Thursday, February 26, 2009

glaw!

I had to try and get all the teletubby autographs I could for the younger kids. I don't know why this was my job, and I wasn't very happy about it. I got 1/6 on the appropriate colored paper by waiting in line with a bunch of 6 year olds. Once they cleared out, I went back to the others to get the rest. Some yellow one gave me a really hard time, but finally let up and gave an autograph, so i moved over to the brown one. All he did was say "GLAW!" really loudly, like a handicaped dinosaur, as he stamped his brown papers with a big dino-claw shaped stamp. I got all the colors that were there that day, but was informed by the kids that really they wanted the one big pink guy's signature, and I would have to go back the next day to get it. crap!

meanwhile back on Valencia street;

Lucy and I were at the bookstore, lying on the grass next to each other, tossing with our friends. Throwing giant blades up in the air and trying to fight each other to catch them as they plummeted down at our faces was less easy than we thought. Most of the fun was trying to play defense on each other by tackling the other person's legs, while never getting off the ground. Eventually, bookstore guy with the long red curly hair came over. He had recognized us from college ultimate, and wanted to say hi.

Over at the counter, the bookstore was doing a sandwich exchange. It was going great until some lady came in with a clearly inferior sandwich and the manger let her exchange it for an awesome sandwich anyway! why!

At the counter, I decided to kill time by asking about the postcards. Customers were not allowed to look through the box themselves, but the clerk told me all about the different kinds available. I ended up getting a whole set of the handmade "Muppets Take Manhattan" cards, as well as a few random others. I am going to send these to so many friends!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

sandwich exchange? that sounds amazing. i love throwing blades at you in the grass.

p.s. you blog?