Thursday, March 6, 2008

winter vacation

i had to get where i was going, so taking a ride in this guys truck seemed like a good idea. it was freezing outside, and the 6 or so other unhappy looking people inside the cab didnt seem to care that we were in the bed or the truck with the wintery wind chilling us. i pulled a bunch of the blankets on top of me, and realized that they all were vintage cloth signs and maps from an antique store in the area. he didnt seem to care.

eventually we got to the lodge. it was small, but was already packed with people. every time i came inside i seemed to misplace my boots. all three pairs, the big tall black ones, the brown cowboy boots and the red ones that i never wear.

i ended up eating a little something with a man of some sort of gonzo persuasion, and soon we realized we had stumbled into hell. this was unfortunate. it was still really cold. we grabbed hands and waited it out.

i got a ride back with him instead of the creepster with the truck, which was probably for the best.

arriving at home i was exhausted. i collapsed in my room near the window. my roommates girlfriends were in there chatting and although i could whisper to them when i floated in and out of dreams, my voice didnt have enough strength behind it to call out to the livingroom where it seemed the boys were having people over.

after a nap i focused myself and went out to see the commotion. a bunch of the guys were drinking growlers of beer on the shag carpeted floor. one of them gave me his glass. it is a small world, and my best friends from college were hanging out with my other friends' brother, and a guy i knew in highschool. awkward.

No comments: